Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ethan’s Jackrabbits!


Buddy Walk! Here we go again!

Well I have yet to make the official announcement but I am already on the GO!

Last year we raised almost $1000 in just 2-3 short weeks! I am FOR SURE we can triple that amount this year.

I have ordered 300 silicon awareness type of bracelets for our team as a fundraiser. They will bring in lots of money, so I hope we can sell all, plus maybe even put in another order. It will make us a amazing net profit!

Other projects in the works are:

A few raffles –

Garage Sale

Chocolate Sale

And I am even considering a lemonade sale in front of an HEB or such.

Any ideas are very much accepted as well! AND any donated services or items to raffle would also be marvelous! (cleaning services, Tupperware baskets, Mary Kay basket/ Avon… anything!)

The Buddy Walk® has three primary goals:

-To promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome;

-To raise funds for education, research and advocacy programs; and

-To enhance the position of the Down syndrome community, enabling us to

positively influence local and national policy and practice.

We hope everyone can somehow take part. I hope you understand that you are making a difference in the lives of people like Ethan. There is nothing that I want more than for my son to be valued and treated just like any other person in society. Though he might experience some delays, he will posses great abilities and talents, just like we all do.

Most of the money raised goes back to our local DSAH. DSAH has provided us with support, programs and services that have strengthen our hearts and minds, making us better parents and stronger advocates. DSAH also provides various programs for all people with Down syndrome.

Ethan is the heartbeat in my chest, and I want the world to know that. There is nothing that I wouldn’t do for this little boy. No road is too long, and no road is too harsh.

Motivation is made up of dreams… and Ethan, you are my dream come true.

Please register to walk for our team, or make a donation to Ethan’s Jackrabbits. I encourage everyone to make a donation, even if you only have $5. WE ALL HAVE $5 at some point. I know financially, for us, this has been a real rough year, but I can still manage to come up with $5, even if that means sacrificing lunch one day, or skipping something I know I can manage without for one week. Sacrifice those couple of beers or cokes one day, that pack of cigarettes, lunch, those few snacks from the vending machine! For one week –just sacrifice one thing.

Go to www.houstonbuddywalk.org and search for our team.

Thank you all, from the bottom of our heart, from deep down our souls, thank you all!

Love,

Erika and Ethan’s Jackrabbits

www.DSAH.org

www.houstonbuddywalk.org

1 comment:

  1. Your enthusiasm is AMAZING!!! I wish some of it would rub off on me. WAY TO GO JACK RABBITS!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comments!