Monday, May 17, 2010

Ds Clinic


We just returned from our first visit to the Ds clinic here at Texas Children’s Hospital.


AND –they have confirmed what we thought all along….


That he is so stinky cute! Of course he is so stinky cute! He reeks of cuteness!!!


As well as that he developing very well. Specially verbally, they were rather impressed. Ethan left everyone oh-ahhing over his great abilities.


Overall, the visit was great. I must have had the biggest grin on my face and hopefully the Dr didn’t take that as cockiness! But darn, it felt great to hear all the raves and compliments for all of our hard work. It felt extra good to be his mother.


At the same time, I feel like all I am doing is being his mother.


All I am doing is playing with my son, stimulating him and LOVING him.


Ds or no Ds, my Ethan is a STAR!


He is absolutely beautiful, full so much joy and love just seeps out of his pores! I love that little marshmallow!


His measurements, btw, where 28.1 inches long and weigh in at 24lbs.



They were also rather impressed at the fact that he drinks from a sippy cup. But that is not fair to say, since they were impressed pretty much with every one of his accomplishments.


He showed off his screaming skills, his babbling skills, rolling, pivoting, grabbing skills, and all other skills in between.


Do you know, he started to lift his bum of the ground when on the ground on his tummy, trying to get on all fours! I didn’t see that coming (for today that is), but that boy was prepared to impress the doctors as well as his mama!


Well, God bless my little angel! I love him more than I could ever say.
I thank God for all the strength he has given me to care for His angel. I thank God for giving me the strength to move from my grieving stage, long long long ago.


Life has always been wonderful with my daughters, but everyday has been extra beautiful since this amazing little man has entered our hearts.





Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments!