Monday, May 9, 2011

I know true love -because I am a mother

I don’t know how many times I wrote and deleted this post.
But I simply can’t do it.
Being that Mother’s Day was yesterday I was going to express certain things about me and my mom. But I can’t. I don’t want to put labels on her, or make her seem like something she no longer is. She is my mother, and I respect that. She is a strong amazing woman, at one point overtaken by harsh circumstances, but she loved me nonetheless. 

But I will tell you about my darlings. 

They will grow up with a loving, tenderhearted, strong willed mother. 

Hugs and kisses every night, encouraging words even when they gleam of confidence… compliments just because I think they are beautiful as they sit on the couch reading a book. I will twirl them across the living room floor for as long as my feet are mobile. I will praise them for their achievements and even for their failed attempts. They will respect themselves, because I respect them. They will love deeply and genuinely because that is the way I love them. 

I will be their mother first and foremost … until one day we can be the bestest of friends. I will be their backbone when the world laughs at them and their knees began to wobble, their voice when their own voice crackles and fears… I will be their army when it’s time to take on the world. I will drop everything if they ever call out for me.  

I will celebrate my children on Mother’s Day. Because of them, I am everything I am today. I am strong, I am fierce, and I am thoughtful and wise. I know true love.

I love you Gabby, Andrea and Ethan. Forever and ever and ever.

1 comment:

Would love to hear your comments!