Monday, November 29, 2010

Finishing the month off, with more thankfulness


Thanksgiving has come and gone. We enjoyed our day with many loved ones. Lots of family, lots of love, lots of hugs and smiles and laughs, with just enough drinks!

I am reminded that I do not need one day of observance for all the things I am thankful for. Every day I am thankful. I have a lot to be thankful for.

So lets finish the month off with all the things, moments and people that I am thankful for:


18) For all the things I do not have. Without those things, I wouldn’t appreciate the things I already do have.

19) For family. Even though I have already listed a few family members, this is for the rest of the family (parents, sisters, brothers, cousins and aunts and uncles, step family, church family and all) in our lives. For the ones we see daily to the ones we rarely see. We love you all.

20) For long Holiday weekends! They are the best, with giggles and smiles, cries of joy and even the cries for mercy as the girls are busy wrestling with one another.

21) For Black Friday Sales! And no not because of the actual sales, but I am thankful I was able to get out of the house at 2am and spend some time with my girls, Kerri and Felicia. In my pajamas tucked into my boots and smeared make up and all. And they didn’t seem that embarrassed to be seen with me.

22) For restored relationships. And even those we are in the process of restoring, and those relationships that we know deep in our hearts need restoring. Admitting it is a big step forwards.

23) For this strong desire to adopt a child with Down syndrome. That God has put this need in both Santiago and me and even the girls.
24) For those that can look at my son and see MY SON, my beautiful son, before his Down syndrome.

25) For those that accept my son, extra chromosome and all. With all his delays and struggles.
26) For every new day and a chance to start all over, as well as another day to make things right, to finish unfinished business. A whole new day to live and a whole new day to spend with your loved ones. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, but every new day is a blessing.

27) For all those other people that do not fall into any category that I have already expressed my thankfulness to. All those other people that been a positive influence in my life that weren’t necessarily friends or family. Even those that have attacked me, disrespected and humiliated me. They remind me of who I am and what and who I do not want to be. I guess I am just thankful for humanity in general.

28) For the ability to feel. Whether it be good or bad, just the ability to feel. That I have a heart and conscious that allows me to (sometimes) think things through and stay up at night because of the feelings of guilt for hurting someone else’s feelings. It is never my intentions to hurt anyone, but if I have, rest assured that the thought if me hurting you has kept me up at night. Better to feel pain than to feel nothing at all. Though I am very thankful that most of the time I feel love rather than pain.

29) For the little things in life. Staying up late on the weekends, sleeping in 30 minutes than usual on weekends. Holding hands. Stories told by a 6 & 9yr old. Ponytails by big sister. Spit up on my new clean sweater. Trips to Target. Trips to church. Dancing in the living room. Family nights, family hugs, family laughter, family love. Dirty Trucks, messy home. Quiet days, noisy days.

30) Most importantly God. For Jesus that died on the cross for our sins. For allowing me to live my life as I have, for forgiving me. For loving me and never forsaking me. For hearing my prayers. For answering my prayers, even when they seem unanswered. He has always known what He is doing. For the ongoing work He is doing in me. I open my heart to you God. My first love.

I am extremely thankful.. and extremely blessed.





Girls playing with their couisn on Thanksgiving Day.





Helping Daddy put up lights.

1 comment:

  1. great post! isn't amazing that God places our children in our lives for our heart to be opened up to adoption, its a beautiful thing!! (love the top picture)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comments!